[MiNT] Freeze when sending quantities of text through telnet

I have a problem which occurs under MiNT; it may not be MiNT-related but I
don't know what is really causing it.

When I telnet to my TT running MiNT, using any telnet client, and send a
large quantity of text, for example by cutting and pasting text into the
telnet client, the connection seems to freeze.

Although ordinary typing works fine, sending large quantities of text
seems to cause the problem. Pasting one or two lines always works, but
when pasting several pages of text it firstly pastes very slowly, and
secondly freezes after having pasted part of the text.

Pasting the same text to a telnet session to another UNIX system over the
same kind of connection and with the same client does not demonstrate the
problem. It seems to be MiNT-specific. The nature of the client and the
machine it is running on does not appear to influence the problem; it is
the "server" which affects the problem.

I'm not sure whether the application running on the remote host influences
the problem, but I have tried pine and pico and in each case the problem
is the same (under MiNT).

Does anyone else notice that or know why it might happen?

--
Mario Becroft           # Tariland, New Zealand Atari User Group
mb@gem.win.co.nz        # Atari Hardware Developments