Re: [MiNT] SCSIDRV no longer works in FreeMiNT 1.15.9

On Fri, 23 Jun 2000, Frank Naumann wrote:

> MiNT install a SCSIDRV wrapper that wrap any SCSIDRV call from
> applications level through a system call down to the kernel.

Does this mean that I need to call SCSIDRV in a different way (rather than
via the cookie)?

> If you use the original SCSIDRV vector anything will be fine I think.

Currently I am accessing SCSIDRV via the SCSI cookie. Is that what you
mean?

This method, while it works fine in application programs, does not work
from within the mintnet driver under FreeMiNT version 1.15.9.

Is this the expected behaviour?

> Maybe you merge your SCSIDRV xif to the current freemint CVS tree and we
> can work together on the problem?

I haven't really used CVS. Is this really necessary merely to diagnose
this problem? The driver is still in development and is not event
functional yet nor publically released.

However I want to get on with the SCSI Ethernet adapter so what ever is
necessary I will try to do it. But I am not clearly understanding what the
source of the problem is or how you propose to deal with it.

Thank you for your help.

--
Mario Becroft           # Tariland, New Zealand Atari User Group
mb@gem.win.co.nz        # Atari Hardware Developments