Re: [MiNT] ACC & resolution change

Petr Stehlik a écrit :
> sorry this is a bit offtopic but I don't know any other place with such
> high concentration of Atari programmers so I thought posting here would be
> best (for me :)
	Well, perhaps news://comp.sys.atari.programmer :) ! Forwarded !

> If I understand it right then AES terminates all processes (=also
> accessories) before it makes the resolution change. Is there any GEMish
> way of detecting the coming termination? I am asking because I need to
> do some clean up before the acc is killed and then (after the
> resolution is changed) loaded second time.
	IIRC an AC_CLOSE message is sent before accessory termination. However for
pre-3.00 TOSes memory allocated "by the accessory" (in fact wrongly and
automatically associated by GEMDOS with the at-that-time active application)
may have been already unallocated... so on these TOSes the only way to cope
with this AFAIK is to patch the _p_run variable...
	Oh and I think (correct me please if I am wrong) that accessoiries never
get AP_TERM messages.