Re: [MiNT] Longfilename support functions?

Hi!

> If you really want to use the index, the proper way is to check whether
the
> filesystem reports indices correctly. There is a specific DPathconf opcode
> for this (not DP_CASE).

Here is the compendium node contents... Where I can find the proped mode
argument value? Is somewhere the MiNT extension to this call described? I
don't know the right value as I've read this

Stan

########################################### Dpathconf()
Dpathconf()                                                          GEMDOS

Syntax

LONG Dpathconf( name, mode )
char *name;
WORD mode;

Function      Dpathconf() returns information regarding limits and
              capabilities of an installed file system.

Opcode        292 (0x124)

Availability  This function is available under all MiNT versions
              integrated with MultiTOS.

Parameters    name specifies the file system you wish information about.
              mode dictates the return value as follows:

              Name       mode  Return Value

              DP_INQUIRE  -1   Returns the maximum legal value for the
                               mode parameter in Dpathconf().

              DP_IOPEN     0   Retuns the possible maximum number of open
                               files at one time. If UNLIMITED
                               (0x7FFFFFFF) is returned, then the number
                               of open files is limited only by available
                               memory.

              DP_MAXLINKS  1   Returns the maximum number of links to
                               a file. If UNLIMITED (0x7FFFFFFF) is
                               returned, then the number of links to
                               a file is limited only by available memory.

              DP_PATHMAX   2   Returns the maximum length of a full path
                               name in bytes. If UNLIMITED (0x7FFFFFFF) is
                               returned, then the maximum size of
                               a pathname is unlimited.

              DP_NAMEMAX   3   Returns the maximum length of a file name
                               in bytes. If UNLIMITED (0x7FFFFFFF) is
                               returned, then the maximum length of
                               a filename is unlimited.

              DP_ATOMIC    4   Returns the number of bytes that can be
                               written per write operation. If UNLIMITED
                               (0x7FFFFFFF) is returned, then the number
                               of bytes that can be written at once is
                               limited only by available memory.

              DP_TRUNC     5   Returns a code indicating the type of
                               filename truncation as follows:

                               DP_NOTRUNC     (0)
                                  File names are not truncated. If a file
                                  name in any system call exceeds the
                                  filename size limit then an ERANGE (-64)
                                  range error is returned.
                               DP_AUTOTRUNC   (1)
                                  File names are truncated automatically
                                  to the maximum allowable length.
                               DP_DOSTRUNC    (2)
                                  File names are truncated to the DOS
                                  standard (maximum 8 character node with
                                  3 character extension).

              DP_CASE      6   Returns a code which indicates case
                               sensitivity as follows:

                               DP_SENSITIVE   (0)
                                  File system is case-sensitive.
                               DP_NOSENSITIVE (1)