RE: [MiNT] MiNT and MetaDOS

On Mon, 1 May 2000 20:36:42 +0200, Julian Reschke wrote:

> > OK, I've found one of the problems, none of the BOS-drivers seemed to use
> > the _FRB-buffer properly on my Afterburner (apart from Extendos which
> > did, but otherwise doesn't work with MiNT...). After installing DMASNOOP
> > is works a lot better.
>
> Can you define what "uses properly" actually means?

"Using it at all" I guess ;-)

> > The exact message is "DKinitVolume: Mediachange detected", and it's not
> > MiNT that hangs, but the program that tries to access the CD-ROM (in most
> > cases Thing). This only happens with 1.15.7, 1.15.6 works fine. I'm using
> > a BOS-driver from an ancient CD-Tools distribution (from 1994 IIRC) and
> > Spin! 0.35 beta.
>
> This has been discussed a few weeks ago. Frank has made some changes to the
> XFS interface, and you'll need a newer SPIN.XFS to get it working again (it

I see. I can't remember having seen this discussed on the MiNT-list though,
but I've been without my computers for two months now so I might have missed
a thing or two.

> has already been sent out to all registered SPIN users).

I guess it's time to register then (my Palm has been nagging me about this
every day this year...).

/*
**
*/