Re: [MiNT] MiNT and MetaDOS

On Mon, 01 May 2000 17:00:31 +0200, Jo Even Skarstein wrote:

> I have been trying to get a SCSI CD-ROM working with MiNT for a couple
> of hours now, but so far without success. There are no problems under
> TOS or MagiC, both MetaDOS, BetaDOS and Extendos works fine, so does
> all of the BOS- and DOS-drivers I've tried. But when I try to use it
> under MiNT I get all sorts of problems:

OK, I've found one of the problems, none of the BOS-drivers seemed to use
the _FRB-buffer properly on my Afterburner (apart from Extendos which
did, but otherwise doesn't work with MiNT...). After installing DMASNOOP
is works a lot better.

There is still one problem left though:

> MetaXBS and Spin!: This is the only combination that sort of works under
> MiNT, but it only works if a CD is inserted during boot and only on that
> first CD. If I insert another CD I get a "mediachange"-message on the
> console and MiNT hangs.

The exact message is "DKinitVolume: Mediachange detected", and it's not
MiNT that hangs, but the program that tries to access the CD-ROM (in most
cases Thing). This only happens with 1.15.7, 1.15.6 works fine. I'm using
a BOS-driver from an ancient CD-Tools distribution (from 1994 IIRC) and
Spin! 0.35 beta.

/*
**
*/