RE: [MiNT] Proposal for SLB extension

> How about making an *alternate* proposal?
>
> The issue is that the SLB loading code needs to be able to find SLBs
> according to some process-specific setting with *minimal* overhead for the
> calling process.

The 'alternate' proposal is already included in the source tree for next
beta kernel (not yet public). Namely Slbopen() checks for $SLBPATH, and if
this variable contains a path pointing to a folder, the library will be
attempted to be loaded from that folder. In other words:

a) you define SLBPATH=u:\c\multitos\slb
b) you put all your libraries in u:\c\multitos\slb\
c) and every Slbopen() call with NULL path will assume the $SLBPATH as the
   default folder to search for the libs.

The kernel I have on my page already has this function compled in, so if
one wants to test that, please download.

--
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz
mail: draco@atari.org

** Ea natura multitudinis est,
** Taka to juz natura pospolstwa, ze albo sluzy ono unizenie,
** albo bezczelnie sie panoszy.