Re: [MiNT] FMRAMFS 0.70

Hello Martin,

> I tried it and it completely stalls during the bootup process,
> right before INIT is started.  I also tried compiling my own, but
> no success; it doesn't like standard includes.

Please tell me, have you converted your partitions to ext2fs, or you still
stick to MinixFS? I am asking, because I've recently (yesteday :-))
finally fixed my TT so that it actually can run stable, then after I
upgraded the MiNT kernel existing on the TT disk and the MinixFS on there
(the TT stopped to operate properly in the days when there weren't
ext2.xfs for MiNT, so the computer partitions are minices), a lot of weird
problems have arised.

These basically are caused by odd condition - namely neither the AES nor
the init seem to start from Minix disk (from FAT they do). After loading
the mint.cnf, the kernel, instead of excuting the program it was told to
run as INIT, only either locks up silently or a lot of absurdal messages
are displayed and THEN a lockup occurs. These messages are asserts
(multiple asserts!) from memory.c and debug mesages from minix.xfs. Since
these aren't normally generated (I think they're TRACE()s), I guess
something goes very very wrong there.

Now, everything goes less or more fine, when init or AES get started from
NEWFAT (drive C: here). And after that, Minix partitions operate properly.

Martin, do you have similar experiences?

Frank, any clues?

PS. I must say, that after years of using Falcon030, I am quite impressed
by the speed of the TT computer. :/

--
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz
mail: draco@atari.org

** Ea natura multitudinis est,
** Taka to juz natura pospolstwa, ze albo sluzy ono unizenie,
** albo bezczelnie sie panoszy.