[MiNT] 1.15.7 and chat

Hi!

Yesterday I got a strange problem with pppd/chat, chat would simply not
work most of the time. pppd would dial in, chat start up and just sit
there. I've tried various ISPs, and even tried Connect to make sure that
the modem actually works.

Then I downgraded to 1.15.6 and suddenly everything works fine again.

Btw. I'm using scc.xdd 0.11 and no modem.cpx at all.

The strange thing is that it used to work fine with 1.15.7 as well,
although I haven't used it much more than a couple of days.

Also, I discovered another strange thing with 1.15.7: If you have spin.xdd
installed but no MetaDOS or CD-ROM (I had to move the CD-ROM to my PC),
MiNT will hang if you try to access U:\ from the desktop or fileselector.
This didn't IIRC happen with previous versions.

/*
**
*/