Re: [MiNT] chroot()

Guido Flohr <guido@freemint.de> writes:

> Hi Tomas,
>
> On Mon, Apr 10, 2000 at 06:56:50PM +0200, Tomas Berndtsson wrote:
> > Anyway, I compiled the shellutil chroot, to test, and this is what
> > happens:
>
> Could you send the output of "ls -ld /bin /usr/bin" (of course from a
> normal shell, not a chroot shell).  Is it possible that you have somehow
> linked like
>
> 	/h/bin -> /h/usr/bin
>
> or
>
> 	/h/usr/bin -> /h/bin
>
> Maybe you have dangling symlinks after the chroot.

No, /bin (on u:) is linked to /g/bin, /sr is linked to /g/usr.

/h is another root partition I use for testing.

Anyway, it works with a bash compiled with a newer mintlib.

However, I bumped into another problem. When running a chroot'ed
shell, it's not possible to create any forms of pipes in it, because
it cannot write in /u/pipe (or whatever directory it tries to write
in). I tried to create a directory /h/pipe (/h being the chroot'ed
root), but it didn't make any difference.

It gives these messages:

bash: pipe error: path not found
bash: start_pipeline: pgrp pipe: path not found

Again, this is with FreeMiNT 1.15.6b and bash 2.04 compiled with
MiNTLib 0.53 (+ the chroot() bit you sent to the list).

Greetings,

Tomas