Re: [MiNT] MiNT-Net + GEM + Newsgroups?

> Yes, independantly... I even didn't know ICE!

You didn't really miss anything.. ICE looks beautiful but it's as stable
as an Italian taxi driver during rush hour. :-)

> And the last version of NOS
> (0.51) appears in august 1999, not a year ago. That will be a shame that Mike
> de Petris stops to develop NOS. With its integrated multitasking, NOS is a real
> miracle as a software and Mike was working on using it's TCP/IP stack with CAB.
> AFAIK, it even already worked under MagiC but not under MiNT because of the
> incompatibilities of shel_write().

Really? I remember using it under Multitos when I was too conservative
to fully switch to MiNT "the unix way". I had NOS running in a toswin
window while Oasis was running. It was a bit annoying that Oasis had to
be told manually when NOS was done retrieving news and such.

Then again, now I AM using MiNT the way it's meant, running NOS under
MiNT seems a bit of a strange combination to me. :)

> It's LED

Aah yeah, that could be used as well! :) I never used LED for anything
else than my point stuff, but then again I didn't really like it's feel.

> It's not off-topic, it's about the MiNT list and I'm not sure that every one
> knows that we're mirrored on USENET. I didn't know...

I didn't know either until I did a newsgroup search on MiNT. :) (I found
another active mint newsgroup, I don't remember exactly which because I
can't read news at my work place anymore and I don't have the time to do
it at home, but it was on maus.* somewhere I think).

Groetjes,

Maurits.

--

Few women admit their age. Few men act theirs.