Re: [MiNT] 1.15.7 beta

on Thu 02-03-2000 11:21 Martin-Éric Racine wrote:

>I agree.  I use ImageCopy regularly, but it does not like ext2.
>It works well on DOSFS or MinixFS, though.

	Hmm, on my Hades 060 I can use Imagecopy 4.2b2plus on an ext2
	partition. It doesn't support very long filename however.
	I can load for instance "orinocodoras_e.jpg" but not
	"orinocodoras_ei.jpg"

>On MinixFS, it even takes the long filenames I throw at it,
>although it does not see similar filenames beyond the 12th
>character; it just loads the first one several times.

        As said in another posting Drag & Drop doesn't work (ext2fs). I
	must load the picture by means of the file selector. I don't have
	a minix partition right now but I recall me that D&D works when
	the picture is on a minix.

>As for Papillon, it doesn't like long filenames at all, even on
>VFAT.  Yet, these are pretty much the only applications that are
>half-decent on Atari, for image creation and conversion [1].

	Papillon does like long file names. Let me see what I have.
	N:\trachydoras_paraguayensis.gif
	This picture throwed at Papillon 3.04 (located on an ext2fs) loads
	without any hasle.
	N= ext2fs

BFN
Martin
--
             *****Greetings from Okami Newsreader*****
             ** On the seventh day He created Atari **