Re: [MiNT] New MiNT distribution is n.. ..pro

On 2000-2-22, Maurits van de Kamp <maurits@bassment.demon.nl> wrote:

> > GNU stuff, sure.  Star Office and other productivity apps, no.
>
> What does Star Office have to do with PCI cards?

This thread wasn't just about PCI drivers.  It was about how much
easier existing Linux sources could make our life once ported and
how an overall increase in Linux market share might help us.

Anyhow, an OS with all the drivers in the world isn't worth shit
without any applications to run on top of it.  Since most of the
Linux stuff is designed for a fat-featured X11, then this won't
help us GEM users much, will it?

--
Martin-Éric Racine  http://funkyware.atari.org/  Atari TT030 FAQ
Lappeenranta, Finland.  Surfing on a Intel/Microsoft-free GEM OS