[MiNT] might be stupid questions:

Hi Fellow MiNT users/programers.

I have a question which might sound silly, but i think worth asking:

Up until now, to remain as compatible as possible, we/programers have to
do the following:

if cookie(magic or mint) then
	pdomain(1)
	and use dreadxxxxx()
else
	use fsfirst etc
endif

This does work, however:

My query is:

Is there a way in either the libs (for new app | recompil) or in the
kernel for older app(no src) to have:

if pdomain()=1 then emulate fsxxxx using dreadxxx() ?

If this doesn't make any sense, i am sorry :) just ignore..

I just think that writing software as of today is quite complicated* if a
certain level of compatibility should be maintained.

*complicated: unless we only want the same skilled people to write
software for us.

My quote of the day:
By ease, comes power.

Thanks.

                                            /
MiNT Is Now TOS, let's move on, shall we?  /
                                          /