RE: [MiNT] New MiNT distribution is n.. ..pro

On Mon, 14 Feb 2000 16:32:13 +0100, Jo-Even.Skarstein wrote:

J > >     Perhaps porting SAMBA from Linux would be a fair idea ?
J >
J > It has been done a long time ago.

        Then I guess the problem for nowadays TOS computers is the
hardware connectivity (networking boards...).

J > You don't - fVDI is already here, it's free, it's source is available and
J > it's relatively easy to write new drivers for it (if you can get the specs
J > on the card ofcourse...)

        Really ? Well, if so, fVDI really seems to be a good solution, for
the VDI point. About the 3D point, I think porting Mesa would be fairly
easy ?

        It would be great if someone could make a listing of things to
do if MiNT was to be ported to the RioRed platform...

Regards,
Yann