Re: [MiNT] New document for New MiNT distribution

--- Frank Naumann <fnaumann@cs.uni-magdeburg.de> a
écrit:
> Hello!
>
> > Today, i have finish an English version of this
> > document.
>
> Looks very good. I will help to support it as best
> as I can.
>
> > If you are interested in this project, contact me
> by
> > email at vickingf@yahoo.fr
> > I hope you will be many people to join me on this
> > project.
>
> Some notes about the mentioned optimizations.
>
> It really make no sense to differ between 68040 and
> 68060. I think for
> 68030 too.
>
> If you compile with -m68020-60 you get perfect code
> for 68020/68030 and
> 68040/68060. The -m68020-60 option implies FPU too.
> But FPU isn't used
> much in the well known packages. I can't remember
> any package that will
> really benefit from FPU support :-).

Hi,

So the distribution will be for 68030 based computer
and upper.

I have one question about the mint kernel :
Why is there is different version between 68030 and
68040 and why a 68030+FPU can't run 68040 ?
Is it a detection rout or something else?

Regards,

Franck