Re: [MiNT] bash question

On 19.1.2000, Maurits van de Kamp <maurits@bassment.demon.nl> wrote:

> > When I telnet to a linux box from a virtual terminal it
> > works, why not locally, on my falcon?
>
> Terminal emulation trouble. I find that setting my TERM to
> "atari" makes the cursor keys work in most apps, including
> bash. I found this out because I usually use "atari" anyway
> because it works the best when telnetting to a linux machine.
> In fact I get better cursor key support that way than when
> telnetting from one linuxbox to another. :)

This is probably due to older versions of termcap, terminfo and
ncurses floating around.  Someone (I forgot who) once submitted
an entry called "atari" for those terminal files.  My best guess
is, it's currently more wide-spread than the new SpareMiNT ones.

--
Martin-Éric Racine  http://funkyware.atari.org/  Atari TT030 FAQ
Lappeenranta, Finland.  Surfing on a Intel/Microsoft-free GEM OS