Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 22:45:34 +0100 (MET)
From: Kenneth Medin <kennethm@tripnet.se>
Newsgroups: comp.sys.atari.st
Subject: Re: STE & Y2K

>NB Your STE will also have a problem with the XBIOS clock which can be
>patched, so to make the clock CPX work properly you'll need to install
>the Linkweiler y2k patch as well.

It seems that this XBIOS bug mostly strike on only STe's with TOS 1.6n?

If I remember correctly in TOS 1.0, 1.2 without realtime clock the
system always reverted to -85 and -87 something (TOS date) after a
reset. To retain the correct date/time you needed a special program
(like Superboot) to read the time from the keyboard processor as it
survives the reset. The XBIOS call to do this and/or the keyboard clock
has the y2k bug.

Does this mean that TOS 1.6 without extra software did keep the time
after a reset by reading the keyboard clock all on it's own?

All my Ataris rolled over and retain correct date after a reset just
fine: TOS1.4 Stacy, TOS1.4 Mega2 & Mega4, TOS2.6 MSTe and TOS3.01 TT. I
have no battery in the TT so it shows -89 when first turned on.

Does this mean that TOS senses the realtime clock if present and uses
it instead of the keyboard clock on bootup?

--
Kenneth Medin <kennethm@tripnet.se>
http://www5.tripnet.se/~kennethm/