Re: [MiNT] Y2K bug found

> > you forgot to check my WWW pages on 99/12/31, didn't you? :-)
> Hmm... OK, a hard-coded 2000.  I suppose it works for now.

Clocky 2.50 will be released shortly. There's nothing hard-coded in 2.50,
you'll see ;-)

> This XBIOS bug really should be fixed by a TSR or by patching the
> TOS roms; putting it inside an application is a bad idea, IMHO.

Please note Clocky _is_ TSR.

> It will also result in specific patch/no-patch versions of every
> Clocky you release; a rather messy way to fix this, IMHO.

All versions of Clocky since v2.50 onwards will contain the XBIOS patch.
It will be configurable (switchable on/off), of course, thus not messy.

> Btw, I dunno how the existing patch works, but one way to detect
> an ST without an RTC could be to check if the date at bootup is
> older than e.g. 1.1.2000 and if it is, assume an RTC-less ST.

this is wrong. Warmstart preserves date/time (at least since TOS 1.04,
IIRC).

Petr