Re: [MiNT] Where shall we go tomorrow?

On 11.12.1999, kellis <kellis@leading.net> wrote:

> Now Martin E. Racine put something like:
                           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Beware.  Those "something like" are what have made people say
that I speak nonsense.  They don't pay attention nor quote me
then accuse me of saying things I never said.  Please don't.

> blah FPU, MMU, and ram etc.
>
> Basically I agree.

Good, for once.

> However an FPU within the kernel, I am not too sure about
> that one. How about DSP within the kernel might as well?

Notice I nowhere mention the kernel specificaly.  I was talking
about using the -m68020, -m68881 or DSP, whenever it would make
packages more usable, in general.

I gave the example of SSH, one case of a package where -m68020
and -m68881 flags increase performance enough to make it worth.

> Oh, and apache and SSL didn't exist before 1997?

I said they had not been _ported_ to MiNT yet.

I remember _very_ clearly that we were all using NCSA 1.3 httpd
and had been talking about how cool it would be if we could run
Apache on MiNT.  One day, someone mentioned on IRC it had been
ported and many of us started upgrading.

Howard added SSL support to CAB.OVL around mid-1997 too, just
about when I got the TT (in version 0.82 if I recall - kellis
probably knows the exact version better, she was testing it).

Martin-Éric Racine            The Atari Stacy and TT030 Homepage
Lappeenranta, Finland          http://members.tripod.com/~TT030/
   "When the time comes, I will know and I shall be."  Q-Funk