Re: [MiNT] Security again

On Tue, 7 Dec 1999 18:24:40 +0100, Michael Schwingen wrote:

> BTW: are there any places besides USERDEF-callbacks and the parameters
> passed in the in/out arrays where the AES needs to access an application's
> memory?

Yes, the AES draws all objects, and these are located in each application's
memoryspace.

> With appropriate support in AES and kernel, the AES might even perform such
> callbacks when different virtual memory spaces are active, and the
> parameters can easily be copied to/from the AES's memory space.

I believe the AES-design has a neat solution for this: The object-renderer in
the AES runs as a kind of shared library, so each application has it's own
renderer within it's own memoryspace. The rest of the AES (event-handler,
dispatcher etc.) runs as a server, separate from the object-renderer.
Atleast this is how I understand the design, I could be completely wrong.

/*
**
*/