Re: [MiNT] New kernel features

Hi Guido Flohr, on 01 Dec 99 you said:

[---SNIP---] a lot of very interesting things that I really appreciated to
read from top to bottom.

I thought that the MiNT list was a bed of roses but it turned into a battle
field... Too many thorns on the MiNT roses? (Beautiful color indeed.)  ;-) I
felt a urge I couldn't resist to enter into the battle.

Well, I'm not a MiNT developper... but I vote for you, Guido, and for Frank.
Everything that could bring more compatibility with Linux is good for MiNT if
it makes it easier to port Linux programs. We desperately need programs.

Memory and disk space aren't an issue. I have an almost basic MiNT setup but
when I reach the desktop (Jinnee), 3 Mb are already "missing". I know that's
easy for me to speak when I still haven't ever reached the end of "my" 96 Mb

but I can't even imagine how a 4 Mb MiNT-box is able to work. We can't have
more features without taking some space somewhere, someway.

And we always need more features, that's progress...
Nobody asked me whatever but I vote for "/kern" and "SIGPWR". I'm expecting to
see all this in MiNT 1.15.6b... and even more! I'm waiting for the next step...
X-Window in full color, Enlightement, and Mozilla... That's where we're going,
aren't we?

No discussion allowed. We are MiNT. Resistance is futile. You will be
assimilated. ;-)

See you later,

Remi Villatel
E-mail: maxilys@normandnet.fr