[MiNT] New kernel features

Hi Maurits!

MVDK>The argument is basically about whether we want new features or not.
MVDK>An argument against new features is that it'll take too much memory
MVDK>on a 4mb machine. So the answer is simple: Don't get the new kernel.
MVDK>:)
Shouldn't we try to extend the kernel carefully (concerning memory usage) so
that everyone can decide which kernel he uses upon his specific needs and
possibilities?
I think it's good for MiNT if we can let as many peapole as possible take
part of the actuall development.
Don't get me wrong: I do not say that we should reject the /kern fs. But I
think it is a good idea to make it external, because then you can choose
between having and not having it with a single reboot instead of kernel
recompilation. Especially this fast switching is something I consider very
usefull, if you're using a small machine. IMO this /kern fs is something very
nice, but it also is something that will not be used often by most of the
MiNT users

MVDK>So, my suggestion: Joerg, leave the #ifdefs in the code,
and
MVDK>Btw, Joerg said "again no agreement was made."
Only to avoid confusion: You meant Guido, not me

Bye

                Joerg