Re: [MiNT] vconsd

> I have found that mouse in AES console is active even I am in virtual
> console. It is a bug or a feature?

Both. :)

There seems to be no (legal) way to grab and lock the mouse, especially once
the AES has started. VDI looks as though it has mouse vectors, but naturally
enough, AES grabs the vectors when it starts, and because there isn't any
locking on those vectors - and because vconsd (usually, but not necessarily)
runs before the AES, it won't let go (except for some automagical vector
reassertion, which is a little bit too much of a dirty trick for vconsd at the
moment, I think <grin>).

For this reason, I don't think we'll be seeing mouse support in vconsd anytime
soon.

I *could* lock the mouse while you weren't on the console, but I'm wary of
including that feature. So far, vconsd stays clear of the keyboard chip, and
mostly clear of the VDI. I'd like it to stay that way if possible.

> Btw I have heard that somebody continues in development of vconsd.

Yeah, that'd be me. ;)

> Where I can download the newest version?

Well, the newest newest version is on my harddisk <grin>, but this URL contains
a more-than-reasonable version:

http://privatewww.essex.ac.uk/~smooreg/vconsoles/

I recommend you use 0.9b for now, I will shortly release a new stable version
(0.9d) and will try to make the transition as smooth as possible <g> - 0.9e,
with vt100 support, is currently being coded, by the way... expect to see an
update of that page sometime this week.

Assuming I'm conscious sometime this week, that is. ;)

--
 /Steven Moore.