Re: [MiNT] mintbin

On Wed, 6 Oct 1999, Frank Naumann wrote:

> > Even worse, the new building method prevents anyone from resuming
> > a failed make; one must delete the entire folder, unpack a fresh
> > source, reconfigure, then recompile.  With the previous Makefile
> > format, one could stop the process or resume one that generated
> > errors.  Why was this changed?
>
> Seems to me you don't understand whats going on.

Explaining it might help, then...

Still, a 6-hour long building time, compared to about 2 hours on
libs before 0.50, is rather excessive.

Martin-Éric Racine            The Atari Stacy and TT030 Homepage
Lappeenranta, Finland          http://members.tripod.com/~TT030/
   "When the time comes, I will know and I shall be."  Q-Funk