Re: [MiNT] CT2 Bus errors with mint

On Wed, 6 Oct 1999, Konrad M. Kokoszkiewicz wrote:

> I rarely have similar problem on a std Falcon: during a boot, after AES
> appears, two bus errors occur for two subsequent accessories being loaded,
> usualy newalert.acc and xcontrol.acc. SOmetimes the system survives this,
> sometimes not. These (and other) problems seem to be gone after I enabled
> memory protection - I have an impression, that the basic memory management
> does not work completely correctly when MP is disabled. I have no detailed
> clue though.

Actually I remembered that on my mega ste, I (very rarely) had 2 bombs
during a boot, sometimes right after nvdi starts, sometimes during n.aes
startup. I'd usually reboot straightaway and forget about it immediately.
Anders hinted me that nvdi 4 might be the problem. In fact, since I
installed nvdi 5, the buserrors have gone, but that might also be because
I now have fastram.

> If it is a hardware problem,... well, nobody here in Warsaw is able to fix
> a Falcon. :(

Come to the Netherlands, my Falcon dealer is very capable. :)

Maurits.

| BassMent Productions | Proud sponsor of: |    * P M P * |
| http://www.bassment.demon.nl   *   http://pmp.atari.org |