Re: [MiNT] Olga, QED, and aMAIL...?

On Sun, Oct 10, 1999 at 07:17:24PM +0200, Jo Even Skarstein wrote:
> On Sat, 9 Oct 1999 00:47:24 +0200, Guido Flohr wrote:
>
> > > Pretty sure olga is required for amail.  I read this in the
> > > amail docs somewhere.  ;-)
> >
> > And what happens if you have autosave on?  Will amail send a half-finished
>
> It will. Btw. OLGA shouldn't be used when autosaving anyway, atleast it should
> be optional.
>
> > mail then?  Thanks god, I have mutt...
>
> Mutt and pine are very fine programs indeed, and in many ways superior to
> aMail. But the big drawback is that you must have a complete sendmail- or
> smail-setup, and that's not a trivial thing to configure. I've switched to
> aMail entirely, even though it has some quirks.

I though you didn't need an smtp daemon with pine?

Anyway, setting up smail for that purpose is really simple.  When
installing the smail rpm you have to edit one single config file (four or
five lines) and everything is already prepared.  Really not that hard.

Ciao

Guido
--
http://stud.uni-sb.de/~gufl0000/