Re: [MiNT] directory for config files.

On Fri, Oct 01, 1999 at 10:10:13PM +0300, Martin-Eric Racine wrote:
> On Fri, 1 Oct 1999, Michael Schwingen wrote:
> > To me it seems that the separate mintboot.cnf (which can then modify the
> > mint.cnf location and name) would be the most flexible solution.
>
> What's wrong with everyone using ./ or mint/ as it is currently?
> Both of the above would needlessly complicate things, IMHO.

Without /boot/auto/mintboot.cnf the kernel would have the default
behavior. If you want a more flexible path handling, you *have* to
complicate things a little and could then use the extra
/boot/auto/mintboot.cnf but things only get more complicated if you want
it and explicitely create that file.

Ciao

Guido
--