Re: [MiNT] Sparemint and FHS

On Sat, 11 Sep 1999, Guido Flohr wrote:
> Finally, I must admit that I don't consider it a good idea to put manpages
> into /usr/share because they are not sharable (at least not across
> platforms).

Actually, they _are_, as any other other text-based file is.  The
only thing that is not sharable accross the board are cat-formatted
versions (which is not a problem, since the FHS philosophy is that
man pages should always be formatted on the fly and stored in
/var/share/man during their use.

Martin-Éric Racine            The Atari Stacy and TT030 Homepage
Lappeenranta, Finland          http://members.tripod.com/~TT030/
   "When the time comes, I will know and I shall be."  Q-Funk