[MiNT] Encouraging results with 1.15.3b kernel

Using the recent kernel version it seems to go much better than any of the
previous versions of late.

Here is the output from uptime
  3:44pm  up 16 days, 17:12,  5 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.05, 0.07

So far my TT's been up for 16 days and hasn't frozen yet. So I guess it is
quite likely that what ever was causing the freeze has gone away. However
you can still observe the load average values which are bogus. After a day
or two the load average is always 0.00, 0.05 and 0.07 without changing. At
least this is not fatal.

Here is the output from free:

16748432 bytes (16355K) in 13 blocks free, largest free block: 15379152
(15018K)

Previously the smallest free block by this time would be down to maybe 2
megabytes. But now it is still at 15 megabytes as it has been for the past
2 weeks. I have specified the new INITIALMEM variable at 4 megabytes, so I
suppose this is what has resulted in this vast improvement.

I actually have 66 megabytes of RAM in my TT, but because MAXMEM is set to
16 megabytes, it doesn't all show up. Is there a way of finding out how
much RAM is really available?

uux still crashes at random but I will try to find the source code and
recompile it with a more recent version of the mintlibs. Maybe that will
fix it.

So, I just wanted to say congratulations on the new kernel which seems to
be stable again (at last) and where also the memory seems to be handled
much better.