Re: [MiNT] 1.15.3b woes...

On Sun, 12 Sep 1999 17:21:19 +0000, Ronald J. Hall wrote:

>   apps such as TOSWIN and Jo Evens' TASKBAR "forgot" their usual
>   settings. Also, I gained back a little over 2 megs of memory.

This is simply because $HOME isn't set correctly (or not at all). Put a
"setenv HOME u:\path\to\your\usual\home-directory" in mint.cnf.

>   So...what should I do? I mean, I don't want to give up vcons.
>   Is a "fix" being incorporated into the next beta kernel? Thank

Like Guido (I think) have already said, this is probably due to the
outdated libs init/login etc. is linked to. I tried to recompile
MiNTOS for this reason a couple of months ago, but I ran into too many
problems so I gave up pretty quick.

/*
**
*/