Re: [MiNT] debugging bug?

Hi,

On Mon, Sep 06, 1999 at 09:52:39PM +0200, Jörg Westheide wrote:
> Hi!
>
> While debugging with Paral I noticed that it has a problem with basrel
> compiled programs: it shows no disassembling =:-)
> The reason seems to be that the text segment of these programs has size 0
> (IIRC this is a "feature" of MiNT's handling of shared text).
> Can anyone state that this is a bug in MiNT and it's debugging facility?

I can state that it isn't because gdb is able to debug mbaserel programs.

> And even more interesting: Does anyone know how to get around this?

Hm, look in the gdb sources.  AFAIK one register (a6?) holds the address
of the text segment and is never changed.  I don't know how to calculate
the size of the text segment but that shouldn't be important for
debugging.  If Paral knows the program file it can look it up in the
header.

Ciao

Guido
--