Re: [MiNT] Sparemint announcement

Hi,

On Sat, Sep 04, 1999 at 11:03:20PM +0200, Thomas Binder wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On Sat, Sep 04, 1999 at 08:28:54AM +0000, Martin-Eric Racine wrote:
> > GNU ones for instance, specificaly require that one includes the
> > original source
>
> No, read the GPL more carefully ;)
> (http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html, section 3)

Right, and besides, all sources are included.  Sorry, I have hidden
them a little bit, they won't get automatically transferred to
your machine, you have to place your mouse pointer on a link
labelled "sources" and gently press the left mouse button.

> > Reading each package's license is important.
>
> Of course. But as far as I know Guido, you shouldn't worry about that
> point ...
;-)

BTW, some things I have forgotten to mention (pretty obvious though):
Sparemint is "work in progress", it's far from being ready, even
substantial stuff is still missing.  It's up to you if you consider
it an opportunity to update *some* of your software or as an
invitation to make your contributions and help to make it mature
towards a real distribution.

You should also bear in mind that almost all files on the Sparemint
site are auto-generated.  You should expect broken links here
and there and other things that may go wrong.  And please have
mercy, my web-design talents are very limited.

Ciao

Guido
--
http://stud.uni-sb.de/~gufl0000/