RE: [MiNT] MiNTLib 0.52.3b

On Fri, 6 Aug 1999, Martin-Eric Racine wrote:

> Instead of BASHing on other Unices, answer the topic of the discussion,
> which was that Bash on Linux handles floppy changes fine, while the one
> on MiNT (presumably because of a bug in the NEWFATFS) buggers and exits.

Instead of bashing?
Well, let's just say that you seem rather pissed of everytime i talk to
you. All other machines to you are wonderful, never crash, so well
thought, and MiNT is rather crappy, using OLD OUTDATED things, blah and
blah and blah.
This is getting annoying after a while because:
-It is unfounded, these machines are not so well thought as you claim they
are.
-They are not as stable as you claim they are.
-If it was true, what the hell are you doing with your atari and MiNT if
it is so crappy and outdated? that is a point i don't get.

Here i have the choice, and my personal choice so far is MiNT for whatever
personal reasons. So you might understand that one (you here) for example
want to change a vital thing in the OS I use 90% of my days, JUST for the
visual appearance of a ls /   That is not cool at all.
Now if you (Martin/qfunk) bring some good arguments, I might understand.
Remember the discussion we had about Naes fileselector? I hope you
understand what I am trying to say here.

What I also find very strange is that you seemed quite surprised about
VFAT beeing switchable on the fly.  Fsetter and MiNTsetter are able to do
that all nicely.

If it is only a visual change you want, so ls / only shows the typical
filestructure, fine by me, But ain't worth the effort of redoing half of
the software, or make changes in kernels, or even worse breaking
compatibility.

Fixing the wrong problem is rather useless, If machines < falcon have a
problem with floppy detection, changing the whole filesystem handling is
the wrong fix.

thanks for reading.