RE: [MiNT] MiNTLib 0.52.3b

> > However, the ability to mount specific drives at specific
> > points, instead of brainlessly auto-mounting all drives at
> > root is definitely needed.
>
> Actually it is guaranteed that all available filesystems are visible on U:.
> Changing this will break existing code.

They can remain available, but should not polute the directory listing.
We had this discussion a zillion times before, haven't we?  Last time
was when Guido bought himself a new hard-disk and found himself with
about 12 single-letter folders (i.e. drives) in U.

> The shell doesn't handle media changes it all. It's the filesystem with the
> help of the BIOS. If it doesn't work, something is broken -- either your
> floppy, the BIOS or the filesystem. You need to find out what's wrong, and
> then repair it. But you don't need another concept.

Agreed.

--
Martin-Eric Racine        http://www.pp.fishpool.fi/~q-funk/M-E/
The ATARI TT030 Homepage       http://funkyware.atari.org/TT030/