Re: FW: [MiNT] MiNTLib Non-Bug

> Yes, I agree, such conversions should be done by the kernel.  But in fact
> at least the minixfs and ext2fs currently have to do the conversion from
> UTC to GEMDOS, the kernel converts, and the MiNTLib converts the other way
> round.  This is really stupid and should be changed one way or the other.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the Compendium specifically
say that MiNT should convert case, truncate, and perform whatever
other conversions might be necessary between filesystems?

To me, this means any and all conversion should be handled by the
kernel.  However, I am sure you are more familiar with the innards
and can recommend us an efficient way of keeping track of these,
for each filesystem type.

--
Martin-Eric Racine        http://www.pp.fishpool.fi/~q-funk/M-E/
The ATARI TT030 Homepage       http://funkyware.atari.org/TT030/