Fwd: Re: [MiNT] Security

---------- Forwarded message -----------
From: nut@casema.net (Barry Schut)
To: kellis@leading.net (Katherine Ellis)

On Wed, 14 Jul 1999 17:05:35 -0400 (EDT), Katherine Ellis wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Jul 1999, Katherine Ellis wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 14 Jul 1999, Teemu Hukkanen wrote:
> >
> > > Why do you post stuff like this to the mint-list? The list isn't a
> > > general u*ix helpdesk, nor is it a pseudo-security list. If you're
> > > just quoting a book for no apparent reason, please do it elsewhere,
> > > there are web-based discussion systems for cluelessness.
> >
> > hmm ok teemu, i guess my bad.
> >
> > /me whisles away...

/me kicks in:

HOLD!  as far as *-I-* can see, MiNT has 2 sides: AES and UNIX-LIKE
i myself have a mint setup with both standard combined (the aes starts
automaticly) so this 'quote' is lethal for my system if some dork starts
to hack my system down (when online) and starts this program, combined
with what ever tools one can use to kick my ass of the internet, i'm finito...

this is a very effective way of kicking someones butt when using MiNT... because
asfar as i can see, this program can be made to run on/in mint i would like
some answers on this:

has anyone tried such a program in mint?

could that process_limit_per_user be build in the kernel of mint? i like the
idea...

thanks, and kellis, i thought it was interesting/importand enough to mention in
the mint list, so you've got my blessing ;)

Barry/NUT