Re: [MiNT] MiNT mouse device inverted Y value

On Sun, Jul 04, 1999 at 08:31:01PM +0200, Julian Reschke wrote:
> > One question remains:  will anyone ever port a usable X package?
> > If not, then there is hardly any point in copying SUN or whatever
> > practices just for the sake of doing it; we might as well retain
> > built-in TOS routines, until some Unix terminal with mouse support
> > is ported to MiNT (i.e. in vcons or in x-term version of toswinII).

I need /dev/mouse even without X. ;-)

> In which case /dev/mouse should be taken out of the kernel and moved into an
> XDD in case somebody needs it...

Probably a good idea because that would make it possible to use an
alternative mouse device (serial port mice for example).

But please keep in mind that the new /dev/random needs the device driver.
There will probably be a solution for that but it should not be forgotten.
The mouse device is a very good source of randomness.

Ciao

Guido
--
http://stud.uni-sb.de/~gufl0000