Re: [MiNT] Here documents and CRLF

On Fri, 11 Jun 1999, Guido Flohr wrote:

> Not a guru, still answering.
> Set UNIXMODE in n_aes.cnf.  Then Toswin will have it already set and all
> processes launched by Toswin.

Well for example, I found that programs started from cron won't get the
UNIXMODE environment variable. Also when logging in via telnet it would
not be set either, although in each case it was set in mint.cnf. I somehow
imagined that setting it there would make it affect everything, but it
seems that it doesn't. Is there something I can do to ensure that UNIXMODE
will always be set, no matter how a program comes to be executed (from
cron or telnet or anything at all).

Maybe this doesn't have anything to do with the problem you describe. But
the symptoms sounded very similar.

| Mario Becroft                * Tariland, New Zealand Atari User Group |
| mb@tos.pl.net                * Atari Hardware Developments            |
| http://www.ak.planet.gen.nz/~mario/ * Atari Serial Mouse Interface    |