Re: [MiNT] Here documents and CRLF

On Thu, 10 Jun 1999, Guido Flohr wrote:

> In the vi it turns out that despite of the `b' in UNIXMODE the file junk
> contains carriage returns:
>
> foo^M
> bar^M
> baz^M

I seem to run into problems with this from time to time, I think it
happens because the UNIXMODE environment variable isn't set in some
cases. I have it set in mint.cnf and in /etc/profile but still there seem
to be situations where it is not set. I didn't really look into why that
happens, no doubt a unix guru will be able to explain it in detail.

I'm sure there is some good reason for UNIXMODE, but it seem to me it
would be quite handy if things worked without it. Then I wouldn't have all
these obscure problems to sort out where in some odd cases a file gets
mangled with CRLF's because (for some unknown reason) UNIXMODE wasn't set
properly. Or is there something I can do that will ensure that, no matter
what, UNIXMODE always gets propagated to every program?

| Mario Becroft                * Tariland, New Zealand Atari User Group |
| mb@tos.pl.net                * Atari Hardware Developments            |
| http://www.ak.planet.gen.nz/~mario/ * Atari Serial Mouse Interface    |