Re: [MiNT] kernel development

On Thu, 24 Jun 1999, Martin-Eric Racine wrote:

> > Why should you want a hostname variable in profile or cshrc???
>
> in BASH:
>
> PS1=´$HOSTNAME:$PWD$´

>From the bash man page:

 Shell Variables
       The following variables are set by the shell:
[schnip]
 HOSTNAME
              Automatically set to the name of the current  host.

This is a function INSIDE bash... it seams that the port you are using
doesnt resolve the hostname from your system.

> Actually, the Bash prompt, sorry.

Arghhhh... you want to change the kernel JUST so a missfunctional BASH
would work? You ARE crasy!

> Correct.  looking there, I notice baudrates above 38400 are not
> mentioned.  should it be surprising that PPPD had to be patched?

I belive it was because TOS itself doesn't know about speeds above 38400
or even 19200!

//Robert