RE: [MiNT] a clean "shutdown" command?

> > > pid 93 (SHUTDOWN): dispose_fileptr: f->links == -1
> > >
> > > using Konrad's latest shutdown 0.5 package.
> >
> > The shutdown command attempts to create /etc/nologin and /etc/fastboot.
>
> What for?  Who says I want to fastboot and skip login? ;-)

/etc/fastboot is only created if you give -f option to the shutdown.
And /etc/nologin blocks logins via telnet and ftp until the machine is
rebooted, so that nobody can login (except root) after you told the system
to shut itself down. Both files are removed by rc scritps.

--
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz
|mail: draco@atari.org                  |  Atari Falcon030 user   |

** Ea natura multitudinis est,
** U pospolstwa normalne jest, ze albo sluzy ono unizenie,
** albo bezczelnie sie panoszy.