Re: [MiNT] an example of broken lib

Hi!

On Fri, Jun 18, 1999 at 09:08:05PM +0300, Martin-Eric Racine wrote:
> > (and the exact compiler complaints if this is still possible).
>
> How do I get the compiler to output its -Wall to a file?

If you don't want to sit in front of the screen while doing larger builds
you should always

	make -k >makelog 2>&1

This will put everything into the file "makelog" which can be visited
later.

> > > Does anyone know why?  Also, some other package (forgot which)
> > > complained about a missing /usr/include/portab.h in our libs.
> >
> > It's never been there as far as I know.  Anyway, it's non-standard.
>
> Hmmm....  Porttab.h _is_ mentioned in K & R, afair.

Maybe even in the bible.  But I haven't found it neither on HP/UX, nor on
Linux, nor on Solaris nor on MiNT.

A general note (not only for Qfunk):  If you report MiNTLib bugs, please
try to be as specific as possible.  If you tell me "when compiling so and
so, gcc says there is a syntax error in <unistd.h>" that doesn't help me
at all (and neither does it help you).  The easiest way to be exact is to
cut and paste make output (including the command line that your compiler
was invoked with for flags, defines and include paths) into your mail.  I
will usually also need the source file that fails to compile.  If I also
need other files (headers, Makefile, ...) then it is probably too much
what you ask for.  You should then try to track down the problem to the
missing or buggy feature.

Ciao

Guido
--