Re: [MiNT] Here documents and CRLF

Hi!

On Mon, Jun 14, 1999 at 04:57:58PM +0200, Guido Flohr wrote:
> BTW, the reason for this is that people that know more about security
> stuff have told me that it is generally a bad idea if the libc calls
> getenv() behind the programmer's back on setuid programs.

That's true, remember the $NLS_PATH problem Linux' libc had? Anyway,
although the direct evaluation of $UNIXMODE is removed for s-bit
programs, it would be nice to have a function to influence the internal
settings it represents, so that there's a way to change the default if
it doesn't suit the program's needs, for whatever reason.

Of course, not really important, but would be nice.

Ciao

Thomas

--
Thomas Binder (Gryf @ IRCNet)  gryf@hrzpub.tu-darmstadt.de