Re: [MiNT] Stability of mint ext2fs

Hi Frank

On Tue, 18 May 1999, Frank Naumann wrote:
> Hmm, I don't understand. The latest kernels contain a mechanism for a
> clean shutdown. Dlock() and Shutdown() will clean an ext2 partition (if
> it's possible). Work here ok. e2fsck will always detect if a partition
> is clean or not and perform only a check if it's neccessary. Without

Exactly what are you using to shut the system down?

I have done repeated test with `halt` (KGMD) and `shutdown` (PIWO/Draco)
and every reboot I get filesystem not unmounted cleanly. I didn't have GEM
running - which usually means `halt` fails.

Does anyone else experience this?

I'm running 1.15.1 (non-beta) on an Afterburner, TOS 4.04.

Salut/.

J/.
__
John Blakeley