Re: [MiNT] new drivers?

On Wed, 5 May 1999 t150315@students.cc.tut.fi wrote:

> I was wondering whether anybody has been secretly :)) working
> on a few linux compatible device drivers, like framebuffer
> and sound ones...

I am waiting for the Softjee hardware clock for the falcon to add supprot
for CD/DAT sample-rates...

> First sound driver would be a version of MiNT audiodevice
> 'just' supporting the same ioctl()s as linux audiodev.

I'm sure I can do this! Which one's do I need to support?
(Guido: if I do this, can you incorporate it into the next MiNTLib?)

> and also that it took me only one sunday evening to port Heretic
> (a game similar to Doom) for W window system (I did this on
> linux system so I got working sound immediately).

Cool! But is it fast enough for a standard falcon/TT? ie worthwhile?

Salut/.

J/.