RE: [MiNT] gcc egcs to compile ttydev?

Which was written with a very early version of MiNTlibs...

> > never occured to you that these sources may have been hacked/adapted
> > to deficiencies in older libs?
>
> Or that functions were renamed or removed in recent ones.

Yes, but the point is that MiNTlibs should be as up-to-date as possible, if
not then we have to hack everything we want to port, and a Linux- or
FreeBSD-user must hack "our" software if he wants to compile it. So if there
are conflicts between older sources and newer libs, the software must be
updated. Crippling the libs is not the way to go...

> For example, NFS.XFS refuses to compile without ksockets.
> What is ksockets?  Beats me, but NFS won't compile without
> it.  I have tried the ordinary sockets, but then GCC reports
> missing prototypes then.

I don't know, but I assume ksockets is some kind of layer (or extra
functionality) on top of the ordinay socket-API. It's available at
ftp.uni-paderborn.de/ftp/disk4/atari/cgcc/lib.

Jo Even Skarstein