Re: [MiNT] MiNTLib 0.51

On Wed, May 19, 1999 at 12:04:18AM +0200, Henk Robbers wrote:
> Guido Flohr wrote:
>
> > > If a prototype is declared Pure C applies implicit coercions to
> > > passed arguments.
> >
> > Is it ok if I explicitely typecast all pointers to long?
>
> Technically, hmmmm, tja, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, perhaps? hmmm errrrmmmm.
> You could also go programming in Basic. :-)

I think I already explained why this code is so ugly.

I suggest the following: I take all your advice into consideration, try to
work it out as best as I can (remember, I don't have PureC, I can't test
it) and will then wait for somebody to fix it to work with PureC.

To my defense I should also repeat that this ugly code is not intended to
be seen by the end user.  It is hidden inside the library and it is
one ugly hack among many in the MiNTLib.

Under normal circumstances, I always try to make my code compile without
any warnings and of course I try to take care of correct prototyping.

I should also say that all this hazzle is due to deficiencies in PureC.
With gcc and GNU ld I can provide a perfectly clean solution (with weak
symbols) but since PureC is not maintained any more I have to think of
some hack to make things work.

Ciao

Guido
--