Re: [MiNT] ext2fs

On Mon, 3 May 1999 19:54:50 +0300 (EEST), Martin-Eric Racine wrote:

> NVDI
> Wdialog
  ^^^^^^^
Oops... *never* run wdialog before MiNT, you're also asking for trouble
if you run it before N.AES. The only "safe" place to start it from is
either n_aes.cnf or the desktop (or Taskbar).

> let them fly
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^
This is a nasty one too.

> Date/time cookie
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
*Might* be a bit nasty, try without it.

> Clocky
  ^^^^^^
2.37 is fine (I use it all the time), but if you have an earlier version
you might get into trouble. I can't remember which version I had all those
problems with (Petr?), but 2.37 is very stable.

> Tupajumi (fileselector by Mikko Larjava)
  ^^^^^^^^
Never heard of it, where can I find it? Try without it, anything that steal
vectors can do a lot of damage.

> Drvin (HS-Modem driver, with modules)
>   mfp
>   mfp_tt
>   escc
>   midi
> rsvx
  ^^^^
Hmm... What do you use the RSVF-cookie for? It's definitely not needed for
"normal" use.

> > Also, Wdialog must be ran at the latest possible.
> > Best from THING auto start.
>
> I don't like to use Thing for that, because it doesn't kill existing
> copies of applications it's supposed to start.

It doesn't matter with wdialog anyway, because wdialog can't be killed.

> for GRP documents.  If/when Thing crashes (rather common, because
> of the AV_SERVER violations), it won't kill the previous Taskbar

Look forward to the next Thing-release, the current betas has a memory
priviligation-catcher which displays a nice dialog with useful info in
these cases :-)

/*
**
*/