Re: [MiNT] memory protection on Afterburner040

On Sun, May 02, 1999 at 12:28:30AM +0000, Jo Even Skarstein wrote:

> I just checked, and copyback is *not* enabled when memory-protection is
> active :-/ Unfortunately it's not possible to activate CB until after N.AES
> has changed resolution, because Nova-VDI crashes when changing rez. and CB
> is enabled... Hmmm, perhaps if I move the Nova-stuff to ST-RAM... Nope, it
> didn't work.

It should be sufficient to turn off the data cache until the AES is up -
that's the way I do it on Milan, the copyback attribute is always set in the
MMU tables (unoless you tell the bootblock to initialize them without, in
which case copyback is always off).

cu
Michael
--
Michael Schwingen, Ahornstrasse 36, 52074 Aachen